Meet Sarah Kerr
Why I coach
I am a Coach, Mentor and Teacher because I love it, and truly believe in it. I have experienced working with a coach and mentor first hand. I chose to get some help and put the work in, to make the tweaks and changes that have benefited me massively, both personally and professionally. Coaching is powerful, liberating and transformative. It has been life changing for me and for my clients. It works, and in the words of a client “It’s like a bit of magic”…..
So, if you’ve found yourself on this page then there’ll be ‘a thing’ that you want to change, or you are feeling a bit stuck in your current circumstances. Maybe you are so tired and overwhelmed you are finding it hard to think straight. Perhaps you have lost your motivation and confidence? I get it, I was there once too. Let’s add in the frustration that “surely there has got to be more to life than this?”
I’ve got you.
The other reason I coach is apart from witnessing the client transformations, I get to connect with you, and spend my time immersed in the process of guiding you in a hands on way, to support your desired outcome and help you come alive. Being an empath, this energises me, and ultimately energises you too. I hope by now you can feel my passion for this work, and the freedom that comes with it, both for you and for me?
In a nutshell I help you get unstuck and overwhelmed to energised and fulfilled. I help you truly feel and see your true potential, and most importantly give you the space to just be you, to be seen and heard.
That will do for me, I hope it will for you too?
Mindfulness & Mindset Coach
Let's do this!
I get being stuck. For me it was half a lifetime of jobs I didn’t enjoy, 10 years working in the corporate world as an Executive PA, owning and running a business with my husband, getting lost in motherhood and being a wife and somewhere along the line forgetting who I was, and what my purpose was. I also suffered post-natal depression after having both of my kids as well as two serious bouts of ‘over-the-cliff’ depression.
My depression made me feel as though I was wearing concrete shoes – like I was disappearing into a black hole and completely not able to cope. I had some really dark days and often found myself paralysed by overthinking and the constant striving for perfection. I found the search for purpose and meaning very frustrating and I wasn’t sure where to focus my energy. I knew there had to be something out there that I could be passionate about, I just needed to find it!
Experiences happen for us, not to us! I am extremely grateful for all the experiences that came before this, as they allowed me to figure out what I am good at and the direction I have taken my life in.
When I am not coaching, I love to dance, sing badly with a wooden spoon (when no one is watching), read too many books at the same time, go on courses, have a good natter with my friends and family, holidays, girlie weekends and meditation which has become my self-care medicine.
The turning point for me came when our beloved family dog “Freddy” died and shortly after being out with a great friend, who gave me the nudge I needed to go and do something that made me feel happy. Over the years she had observed how people seemed to naturally confide in me with no prompt from me.
After a little procrastination, as I knew I’d have to face some of my inner stuff, I booked some sessions with a life coach. Little did I know that this would set me well and truly on my path to discovering my passion for coaching. I also realised that a big part of getting my mind right and building up my resilience was to make sure I made my self-care and wellbeing practices a priority. I now build these practices into my coaching sessions as they are so helpful to my clients.
I trained in London with Animas School for Coaching gaining my diploma, attended several training courses and re-discovered my value, purpose and identity. But more importantly, tapped into my inner joy for the first time in a long time, and continue to do so now through my coaching practice.
- Diploma in Transformational Coaching (Animas School for Coaching)
- Accredited Certification in Youth and Education Coaching (Animas School for Coaching)
- Mindfulness, Resilience and Wellbeing Instructor Diploma (SMART Foundations)
- Mindfulness, Resilience and Wellbeing at Work Coaching (SMART Foundations)
- SMART Young Minds Coaching Diploma (SMART Foundations)
- Certified Mindfulness Life Coach (Transformation Academy)
- Certificate in Counselling (Eastleigh College)
- NCFE Cache Level 3 in Early Years Foundation Stage Practice (Fareham College)
- Reiki I & II (Carolyne Bennett Coaching)
- Rahanni Celestial Healing Practitioner Level 1
- MBSR Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Techniques (Ali Lambie Mindfulness Hampshire)
- MSC Mindful Self-Compassion (Ali Lambie Mindfulness Hampshire)
- Anxiety, Panic Disorders & Recovery (MindBody Breakthrough)
- Mindfulness and Meditation, beginners & advanced (Carolyne Bennett Coaching)
- Law of Attraction (Carolyne Bennett Coaching)
- Louise Hay: Heal Your Life (Carolyne Bennett Coaching)
- Introduction to NLP (Ali Campbell)
- Foundations of Wellbeing (Rick Hanson)
- Mindfulness & Self-compassion 5 day silent retreat
- Insured with Holistic Insurance Services (£5m liability cover)
- Current DBS check