In a nutshell
“My mission is to support as many beautiful humans as I can to joyfully and purposefully live their lives on their terms without guilt and worry”
If you met me on a night out, I’d either be the one dancing on the table, or I’d be the one checking if you’d had a glass of water between drinks, whisking you away from that guy or gal that’s been harassing you on the dancefloor for the last 20 minutes, or counselling you in the loo. Day or night I’m nurturing others, it’s who I am, I can’t turn it off.
It’s my superpower, and before I knew how to work with it, it was my weakness.
Growing up Catholic meant joyful family picnics in the New Forest with all of my cousins, but it also came with restrictions about how things were done. I felt pressure to do what was expected, conform, keep myself quiet, worry about what others thought of me, and above all else ‘do the right thing’.
I lived my life trying to create a fruit platter, when a bag of apples would have done. Everything had to be perfect and I spent most of my time worrying and making sure I had a plan b, c and d just in case. It got to the point that I wouldn’t even enjoy things in the moment, because I’d already done them several times over in my head.
By the time I’d had my two children, along with two bouts of postnatal depression, I was running on pure adrenaline and convinced I was failing as a mother. Life felt heavy and hard work, and yet still I pushed myself to keep up the pretence that everything was fine.
Until one day I couldn’t. I was carrying so much emotional pain the only way my body could get my attention was to stop working. I went into total shut down. Unable to function, I lay on the sofa watching Jack Bauer try to save the world. Depression wasn’t something people spoke about back then, and I didn’t know about mindfulness, meditation, coaching or even self-care. I’d read The Secret and thought “what a load of b*ll*cks this is”.
But the truth is I was hiding from something I’d known intuitively my whole life. I was in the spiritual closet and refusing to come out. I read Rebecca Campbell’s ‘Light is the New Black’ which was life changing. I felt like she’d written the book just for me. Over the 5 years that followed I went through the biggest amount of growth I’d experienced in my 50 years.
For most of my life I was the one my friends would place bets on – how long before I got bored and tried another path? But this time it was different.
This time, I’d finally found my direction in the world.
Through my coaching, I can at last – truly – be ME.
- Diploma in Transformational Coaching (Animas School for Coaching)
- Accredited Certification in Youth and Education Coaching (Animas School for Coaching)
- Mindfulness, Resilience and Wellbeing Instructor Diploma (SMART Foundations)
- Mindfulness, Resilience and Wellbeing at Work Coaching (SMART Foundations)
- SMART Young Minds Coaching Diploma (SMART Foundations)
- Certified Mindfulness Life Coach (Transformation Academy)
- Certificate in Counselling (Eastleigh College)
- NCFE Cache Level 3 in Early Years Foundation Stage Practice (Fareham College)
- Reiki I & II (Carolyne Bennett Coaching)
- Rahanni Celestial Healing Practitioner Level 1
- MBSR Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Techniques (Ali Lambie Mindfulness Hampshire)
- MSC Mindful Self-Compassion (Ali Lambie Mindfulness Hampshire)
- Anxiety, Panic Disorders & Recovery (MindBody Breakthrough)
- Mindfulness and Meditation, beginners & advanced (Carolyne Bennett Coaching)
- Law of Attraction (Carolyne Bennett Coaching)
- Louise Hay: Heal Your Life (Carolyne Bennett Coaching)
- Introduction to NLP (Ali Campbell)
- Foundations of Wellbeing (Rick Hanson)
- Mindfulness & Self-compassion 5 day silent retreat
- Insured with Holistic Insurance Services (£5m liability cover)
- Current DBS check